Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Near Death and a Job Prospect

First, a picture of Cynthia, because I didn't get one of Dave and I in the car last night (not for lack of trying) and because it is the last picture my digital camera took before it broke for good.......


And the car I rode in sans seat belt last night



So, yesterday we went to London to pick up the TR6. Here's the deal with that car; I don't like it, it's missing a passenger seat belt (not that a selt belt does much in a 25 year old convertible), the tires are bald, cracked and the valves are broken, so you can't actually add air, it just comes out, and the seats suck, I had an awful back/neck ache all night and morning from our two hour ride.

We are hoping to sell it soon, and turn the funds into part of a GTI. It makes Dave crazy, and thus not a pleasant companion, note, when your husband likes German cars, he probably ONLY likes german cars, which discludes all leaky English sportscars he may inherit along the way.

In other news.......This morning I wake up to a happy email from Ms. VP of dream job, agreeing to a meeting in a few short weeks. I'm elated. I don't want to count my chicks before they've hatched, but............. yay.

I'm also planning a party, au chocolat, at my humble abode in late September. More to come!!

No comments: