Tuesday, August 22, 2006

tarte

(weight 170lbs)
Yesterday a.m. I got a craving for apple pie.... so, a sane person may get themselves some pie, I on the other hand, get myself some apples. I do a little cookbook research and set about my ways to bake my first apple pie.
I learned 1st, that I suck at rolling out pie crusts, and pushed the bottom crust together by hand, and then 2nd, that in fact my instincts are more reliable than a cookbook, and the dough was too dry, so I added about 1.5 tsp of water to the top crust and it rolled perfectly, so in fact, I am good at rolling pie crust.

An hour later as I pull le tarte from our half-size oven I burn a cute little 400 degree mark into my arm, nice. The pie was great, and serves up well as breakfast the morning after.


(I don't wonder why I weigh so much).

No comments: