Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Southwest Black Bean & Potato Salad

I was craving potato salad and didn't have a recipe. I found one online that looked good, and modified it to suit what I had on hand. (Yes I actually have all those spices on hand.... my mom works for a Spice company....)

Southwest Black Bean & Potato Salad
5 medium red potatoes
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 green onion, diced
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon dijon mustard

1 Tbsp. Seasoning (The following mixed to taste)
Ancho Chili Powder
Chipolte Chili Powder
Paprika
Garlic Powder
Oregano
Parsley
Celery Seeds
Cumin
Crushed Red Pepper
Crushed Jalapeno Pepper


1. Place potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender. Drain, dice, and cool.

2. In a large bowl, mix black beans, green onions, jalapeno peppers, bell pepper. Gently mix in diced, cooled potatoes.

3. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, and Cajun seasoning. Pour dressing over salad and combine well. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cara I love your blog SO MUCH! I love that you put cute pictures of Chloe, and updates about your life, and especially that you include recipes!